Dementia Trials Ireland is delighted to announce the launch of it’s 2023 Seed Funding Award.
The award is aimed at early career researchers and is intended to support a trial preparation project which will contribute to the pipeline of clinical trials within Dementia Trials Ireland. It will fund projects up to a value of €10,000 (plus overheads at 25%, or €2,500). This award has the potential to be highly impactful and it is intended that it should make a significant contribution towards leveraging larger scale research funding in the future.
In general applications focusing on DTI priorities are particularly welcome, these include:
- Development of Core Outcome Sets (COS)
- Evidence synthesis that would support trial planning
- A priority setting partnership (PSP), supported by James Lind Alliance methodology
- Intervention development, redevelopment, or refinement
- Applications focusing on special populations e.g., intellectual disability, Parkinson’s related cognitive syndromes etc.
In all cases proposals should identify a pathway to the future acquisition of funding to assess feasibility, and (in the longer term) evaluation and implementation of the intervention. Specific funding sources should be identified.